our mission statement
Our mission is to learn, develop and share.
One hole, one round, one event at a time.
Bunkers is all about its members. Without them, it is nothing but an idea. The society was created to allow passionate golfers to develop their skills by playing on the best courses available - whilst providing value for money and friendship through competition.
We believe in being original and we aim to be different to other socities in our approach.
Bunkers is built on a foundation of strong partnerships and affiliations. We believe that to run a successful golf society you need the help, support and guidance of experinced professionals.
Bunkers also believe that strong links should be built with local clubs and businesses. In these times of austerity, we are of the opinion that local golfers should be doing all they can to help local clubs and shops to continue running successfully so that we can all enjoy them and benefit.
our aims & objectives are to
- Provide a group of likeminded people who enjoy golf and want to improve and develop their game
- Build friendships through golf and banter and give everyone an equal platform to express themselves
- Offer golf to all abilities and from all backgrounds
- Provide our members with the best golfing experience we possibly can
- Provide value for money, whilst maintaining a specific standard of venue and course [we believe strongly that playing on the better courses not only helps you to feel better about the game, but also encourages improvement]
- Provide donations to a chosen local charity each year.
- Utilise local companies, courses and businesses and contribute to local economies.
- Listen to the thoughts and feelings of our members and act upon them.
- Laugh, enjoy life and be positive. Its all about having fun!